On the Honey and the Beesting

Friday, August 26, 2005

Contact Info Email

Hey all,
I've gone down to the Israeli Consulate and picked up my student visa (and asked for it in Hebrew...word.) , so now it's official. As you may or may not have already heard, I will be spending all of next year in Israel, studying at the University of Haifa. Though I won't actually be in the country until September 9th, I figured I'd get this done with now.

Get excited. It's fun.

Disclaimer: If you really don't care about how to contact me, you can close the email now. It's incredibly long. But don't delete it. You just never know who you want to stalk. And I think it's simply rude and uptight to not leave any sort of trail for people to follow. Because I, too, am a psycho-stalker (sometimes), so I share your pain. So, to all those psycho-stalkers out there (shout out!), save this email. It will save you a lot of trouble googling me later.

I will be in the Holy Land from September 9th until the end of June 2006, possibly later, depending on...stuff. I should be popping home every now and then so that my mother doesn't completely freak out, but I'll have those dates later on.

After many weeks of hassling both the telecommunications mafia and the jewish mafia (both of which are conveniently run by my father) , I finally have a cellphone number for Israel.

If you are in Israel, dial 052-253-5590
From North America, dial 011-972-52-253-5590
From England or anywhere else: I don't have a clue. Just email me, it'll be faster than looking this kind of thing up.
**Newsflash!**
The head of the Jewish/Telecom Mafia has informed me that from England and most of the rest of the world, you dial 00972-52-253-5590

Fun telephone hint for the Canadians! If you want to call me or any other israeli cellphone for 5 cents a minute, first dial 1010100 then 011 then 972 , then 52-253-5590.

So, that will be operational as of the 9th. So call me. And the Canadians among you have no excuse, because I've just given you a number that will let you call me for as cheap as you call your parents.

Israeli time is 7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, so take that into account if you want to call. But I'll pick up the phone any time of the day, even at 3 in the morning, so don't be scared to call. I won't yell at you. For very long. It will only be off when I'm in class. Even then, I'll probably leave it on silent.

Now, while I will actually be living in the dormitories, I'm going to give my aunt's address as my mailing address, just do avoid problems. Or create them, whatever.
So:

Jess Goldberg
c/o Shirley Weiner
66/8 Hanita Street
Haifa 32444
ISRAEL

Now, make sure you write ISRAEL really big on the envelope; otherwise, her mail gets rerouted to a Floridian couple with the same postal code.

If you want to mail me at the university, that address is

Jess Goldberg
c/o Department of Overseas StudiesUniversity of HaifaHaifa 31905ISRAEL
I still have msn (stardance85@yahoo.com), and once the internet is all hooked up in my room (probably late september), I'll actually be able to use it.
While I would prefer email to come to this address (jesszahav@gmail.com: Get it? Zahav? Because my last name starts with 'gold', and in Hebrew, 'gold' is 'zahav'? I am so many levels of cool right now...), because gmail has a bigger capacity, I'm also still checking 3jg9@qlink.queensu.ca, but this one just seems easier to remember. I do not have Skype, because my computer does not have a built-in microphone, and I have no intention of a)buying one or b)figuring out how to hook one up.

Finally: Because I'm a great big tool, and also because I'm really uninterested in sending mass emails all of the time (although I can be counted on to send a few), I set up a blog documenting this trip into the Land of Milk and Honey. Right now it's kind of boring, but I'll try to keep it up to date. That address is: http://www.hotmoraffchick.blogspot.com/

Am I cool or what? Like ice. Like, glacial.

The moral of the story is, if you are in Israel for any school breaks, visit me, or, if you have the good fortune of actually living there, visit me, or, if you suck at life and are staying on your side of the Atlantic Ocean for the year, give me a call.

Miss me already? You know you do.

Lots of love,
Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home