On the Honey and the Beesting

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Quick update

Creepy old men coming up and chatting with you at the beach while you're doing your homework (hah!) is just creepy. Like Hani who runs the candy store who wants to go with me for coffee. I know he runs a candy store, not only cause he told me, but also because most of his teeth are visibly rotting out of his head. And I don't give out my cellnumber to strangers, and no, i don't take theirs, and dude, you don't need coffee, you need a toothbrush and a periodontist. Bleagh.

There are ant hills in my room. On the second floor. In my room. Swear to god, real anthills, sand and everything. Well, not any more. I slaughtered them with toxic roach spray, which apparently works on ants, too. I like making them really dead. At least they weren't the scary swarms of red ants which are in the ventilation system at the Federman dorms. So long as they're small and black and harmless and very very dead, i'm fine with them.

Went out with "the girls" for coffee at Aroma tonight, had a totally sober blast (it was like getting drunk, but without the headache....Rebecca and Jessie W -not me- are too funny, especially on caffeine, and especially together) and almost got ripped off by the taxi driver on the way back (we're apparently on terror alert, so busses were out of the question). My laundry, which was tkaing three hours to dry in the machine, decided it needed another hour, so i did homework at Arielle and Jessie W's with them and Rebecca, folded my clothes, sighed a bit over how my mother was right and I should never put bras in the washing machine, threw away the damaged bra (twisted, stained, torn and mangled: so beyond any means of repair.), pressed the dryer on again, and the clothes, four hours later, still aren't totally dry, but they won't grow mildew.

All in a day's work, all in a day's work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you can air-dry clothing, right? That's what I do a lot of the time!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I would if I could, but the only laundry line is in my bathroom shower, and that room is always humid; my towels never totally dry out, which is possibly a health hazard. Until I get some sort of drying rack, i have to find alternative methods

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home