On the Honey and the Beesting

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Death of a Dla'at

Dla'at: a) Hebrew for pumpkin, b)the poor vegetable that I mercilessly violated, twice, in order to make my dinner.

My roommate Adi makes an amazing pumpkin-carrot soup.

I do not.

My other roommate Kelly and I tried making it tonight, twice, and it was only barely passable the second time, but still no where near as good as Adi's. It was kind of more like a stew that had once, but only very briefly, been friends with a pumpkin. And not really friends so much as acquaintances. And not really acquaintances so much as "Pumpkin? Oh, I think that's my friend's neighbor's second cousin twice removed." So I'm saving the last piece of pumpkin and the last few carrots for when Adi gets home so she can make me the soup.

More Elite Cafe Adventures: After I ordered, and was recognized by no less than three of the staff instantly (no one else asks for extra foam, apparently), one of them asked me: "Just how much coffee do you drink in a day?"
The answer: You know you need to cut back when the barrista criticizes your drinking habit...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah.

I'm the only one in my apartment to cook. Everyone else just goes home for the weekend and brings home packages from mom. And when they do decide to cook, it's kind of in a 'lets overcook spaghetti for a really long time, drain it, put it back in the pot and cook it some more, but with ketchup added' kind of way. I'll be sauteeing mushrooms or something.

Come to J-lem, my darling, I'll teach you some good, basic recipes.

Loooooooooooove you,

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home