On the Honey and the Beesting

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wormy Blankets, Part Two

I have a wormy blanket! And it's so pretty and uninfested that I thought I'd share.
Also, it happens to match my brand new curtains, partially because the bedspread that I tacked over the wormy blanket was half of the brand new curtains.

So a week ago, our advisor Eliad sent out an email inviting us all to pick up "worm blankets" from the overseas office, and I suppose that enough people teased him about it that it's now like an Overseas inside joke, which is cute, cause we're otherwise unfunny people as a group. We're kind of like the nerds on campus, only now we have our own little nerdy jokes.
Awwwwwwwww...

Also appearing on campus, thanks to it being the first week of school (hah! Also, scroll down and read about when I did my homework on the beach. I reiterate: hah!), there's a bunch of vendors with their fun vendor-y things*. And my roommates were pressuring me to acquire new curtains like they did, because in all honesty, the ButtUglyOrange was doing nothing for my room's complexion. Also, there were these gorgeous purple-blue-green-organza-curtain-things-with-elegant-yet-ethereal-embroidery screaming my name. Like, actually 8-year-old-girl-at-a-Hillary-Duff-concert screaming for me.

Of course I bought them, so don't even ask. For a really good price, too.

In fact, such a good price, that only one of the two that came in the package was needed.
And after acquiring the wormy bedspread from Eliad, it turns out that the other curtain perfectly fits the bedspread (the wormy blanket, by the way, is actually a duvet/quilt stuffer kind of a blanket). So i pinned it on top, and now I have a curtain that matches my bedspread and complements the druzi-embroidered pillows that I bought in Dalyat Al-Karmel a month ago. As opposed to clashing with my craptabulous comforter circa 1976. Think big gaudy flowers. But you control my life no more, craptabulous comforter!

Now that I have my Purple-blue-green-organza-curtain-things-with-elegant-yet-ethereal-embroidery Bedroom Set, I finally have a cozy-bedroom-sense in which I will still not get any of my work done.

Also, my room looks like a tornado hit it.
...(contemplating whether to clean it or just leave it in a state of utter disaster)...

Meh.

(a wise decision)

-Jess

PS: My classes rock. Details to follow

*NB: If any North Americans would like me to pick them up fun vendor-y things, like "Israeli-Hippie-Clothes" that are wildly popular here, let me know, and I'll hook you up. Limited offer, good probably until the end of this week, but maybe not. Like, if you would like any shanty items and you know that you're probably on my gift list marked "people to buy fun shit for", then send me a note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home