On the Honey and the Beesting

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Animal Rights Futility

Do you know what's been bothering me lately?

Organically-raised chickens.

Because you give them room to run around, fresh air to breathe, other organically-raised chickens with which to commune, a good amount of food...

And then you kill them. And eat them.

I feel like there must be a lot of disillusioned little chickens running around.

It's like, you think you have it good, and then someone wants to make soup out of you anyways.

Le sigh.

Do you know what else has been bothering me? The laundry facilities at this academic establishment. So to the generous person who donated what i'm sure must have cost in the tens of thousands of dollars of laundry equipment: Your machines are freaking broken, get someone down here to fix them.

There are about 10 washers to service a few thousand students, and only 5 of the 10 dryers are operational. Which meant that I was doing my laundry from 11pm-2:30 in the morning. Which is so many levels of not okay, I can't even begin to describe it. I'm exhausted, which is not helped by the fact that I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight, and then doing the family-thing at my cousin's barmitzvah all weekend, and then 8:30 class on monday.

Stupid organic chickens. I'd let them live if they'd learn how to do my laundry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but on the bright side, the dissillusioned little chickens don't run around for too long...

7:39 AM  
Blogger Avi said...

Yep, I'm on the trip! Omri's on too? Very cool. So you'll be at teh airport? Awesome. Will Arielle be there too?

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home