On the Honey and the Beesting

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Tweak!

I have morphology midterm tomorrow which I really ought to buckle down and study for.
Meh.
There are more pressing issues at hand. Namely:

  • I have yet to get showered and dressed today, which is priority number two, and which shall take place as soon as I've
  • cleaned up my room, which is priority number three. At some point, I would also like to
  • finish my Hebrew homework
  • clean up my desk
  • post-it note my Let's Go: Israel & The Palestinian Territories book so I can decide where to go and be able to say "I travelled all around Israel, but skipped the Palestinian Territories for the most part"
  • rifle through my closet for any clothes I don't actually wear any more so I can make some sense out of my overloaded shelves
  • do my laundry to add yet more clothes to the aforementioned shelves
  • begin work on my lexicology project
  • go to the doctor's
  • skip volunteering and not feel bad about it
  • begin season three of The West Wing
  • return season two to Rebecca
  • go grocery shopping so I don't starve this week
  • call Nancy and apologize for not having come over to watch movies
  • start reading the Logical Relations chapter in Semantics, because I simply don't understand it
  • start my notes for the midterm in Semantics
  • start my notes for the final exam in Hebrew
  • take a nap

So you see, studying for my morphology midterm doesn't even make the top ten. Which is counterproductive, to say the least, and it's highly likely that I will even do it before grocery shopping and watching The West Wing, which is brilliant, by the way.

I have just been informed that John Spencer, the actor who plays Leo McGarry, White House Chief of Staff, on the West Wing, died over the weekend of a heart attack, which to say the least, does not bode well for the series.

Yesterday was Chag HaChagim, a fun initiative run by the Haifa Municipality in Wadi Nisnas (near the neighborhood of Hadar) which promotes peace and mutual understanding in the holiday season. Though I wasn't feeling all that peaceful or even very mutually understanding when I walked downtown in the rain for three hours, but coffee and tea with Anna, Jessie W and Rebecca fixed that right up. We were supposed to go to the Jaffa Flea Market today in Tel Aviv, but it's most likely going to rain, again, and not all of us are feeling that well. And also, we all have massive amounts of homework to do, among other things, if you'll refer to my above list.

I want to adopt a kitten. Not just any kitten, but the cute little gray laundry kitten who hangs out in the laundry room and who is afraid of his own shadow. I want to lure him out from under the dryer with food, snatch him when he leasts expects it, bring him to my room, give him a good bath in the sink, and keep him. Though instead of a clean, happy, fluffy kitty to keep me company, I'll probably just end up with an angry, disease-ridden drowned-rat-esque baby tomcat scratching at the upholstery.

I need to shower and get dressed, so I can start procrastinating with regards to my Morphology midterm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home