On the Honey and the Beesting

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mabsut means Happiness

Well, as it turned out, monday was not my last tutoring session with my wildly obstinant ethiopian kids. Mainly because i went to Sara's house this time, met her darling parents (who's daughter is a treasure. and a joy...riiiiiiight), who begged me to "hold her in English", which i think means that they want me to turn her into an anglo. Which probably won't happen this year, but she was so well-behaved this time, and her parents were so damn earnest, so now I'm going to do it, only for this semester, and I will freak out at the coordinator when necessary. Like every day.
Excellent.

I went to Dalyat al Karmel yesterday, a Druze village where nearly everyone is related somehow to the Chalabis, a prominent Druze family, with Shoshana from my Hebrew class. We basically put the entire Chalabi family through university. Joshie-love called from J'lem to say that he would be in Haifa at 10 (which turned into 11:30 after he got on the wrong bus, of course, because he's Joshie-love and his father's son), so I got to Safta's after he called me from the Central Bus station, had tea and pudding, played a little sudoku, chatted a bit with the family members, and went home way too late for my own good in a cab driver who was very insistent that i never become one of those "dumb girls who smokes" (the girls who he had just dropped off were apparently major smokers, who put up a fight about not being allowed to smoke in the cab, and according to the taxi driver, smoking is correlational to sluttiness, so they were skanky hos by virtue of their nicotine addiction. hm.)

Sat through the language lab this morning for hebrew, which is just plain hard. I can't multitask by listening to hebrew and reading an exercise sheet at the same time. I can do one or the other. But whatever. The teacher likes me. Jessica from Florida and Hila from Calgary and I went to the beach, where Hila and I stayed all afternoon, becoming lobster red and chocolate brown (depending on where we already had a tan), and now, because I smell really bad after having sat in the hot sun all day, I'm taking a shower.

Lehit, y'all.
Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home