On the Honey and the Beesting

Friday, October 21, 2005

Why I am not a vegetarian...

Why I am not a vegetarian:
Because cows suck. They really, really suck.
I spent Wednesday and Thursday at my dad's cousin Seema (and her husband Samy)'s kibbutz, Reshafim, which is just outside Bet She'an. Gorgeous, really very pretty. Hung out with Ayelet, Gilad and Einav, who I haven't seen in about 5 or 6 years, and caught up rather well with them. Seema makes an amazing noodle stirfry.
So thursday night, Einav drove me back as far as Ramat Ishai, and waited with me for the bus to Haifa, where I then switched to a bus for the university.
So here's where the cows come in.

Remember how there are wild cows, that just chill out at the dorm's bus stop? Like, they just come, three of them usually, and hang?

Well, they also poop. Right where one descends from the bus. As in, they come, they poop, they leave. As in, I stepped off the bus and into the aforementioned cow poop.

They deserve to be hamburgers. Every last one of them.

Just finished shabbat dinner with Aunt Shirley, and cause I'm a bad Jew, I'm hopefully going down to the Carmel Centre for coffee and maybe a concert. Tel Aviv on Sunday to Tuesday, so shavua tov (good week) to all, and to all, a cow-free night.

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home