On the Honey and the Beesting

Friday, January 13, 2006

Updates, updates.

I have not updated in so long simply because I am lazy. So I am now succumbing to peer pressure (read: Arielle's lovely post which yelled "JESSIE UPDATE". Classy), and providing a full account of the last two and a half weeks.
And after realizing that nothing new really happened, I have come to the conclusion that I am an awfully boring person.
Meh.

After the baby jackass penguin scandal, I spent a relatively quiet Christmas Eve at Noa's. In fact, I seem to be spending most weekends/free time where I'm not procrastinating on the internet at Noa's, cf. last night when we had a pyjama party at her apartment to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Most of my friends from the Overseas Department have now left me for bigger and brighter prospects in North America, which is fine, but leaves me here. Alone. With nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs and pretend to be doing homework.

And you'd think I'd go out and explore the country, but no. It's raining here now, and you'd think that in the Holy Land, we could rain somewhere more productive, like the Negev desert as opposed to the tree-dotted countryside. Actually, Haifa probably needs the rain, too. I just wish it didn't. Because the rain is mixed with the cold and it actually reached 2 degrees yesterday, which is unacceptably close to Canadian weather, and promises to be just as cold for the rest of the week. So the moral of the story is that the weather is not conducive for travelling, and also, at some point I really should buckle down and finish my essay due monday and work on exam notes and maybe pack for my trip to Toronto.

So instead I idle away the week, in class Monday's and Thursday's, volunteering at Bet Sefer Ofakim for children with severe developmental and/or neuro-muscular disabilities Wednesday's and Sunday's, sleeping in on Tuesday's, pretending to do homework over the weekend, and going either to Noa's or to Aunt Shirley's in the evenings to veg out and be fed and watch TV.

I'm clawing at the walls. I hope the spring semester students get here plenty fast.

That's all for now. Happy New Year's, etc, and maybe at some point I'll post about how I'm a completely technologically inept, but the shower beckons to me.

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home