On the Honey and the Beesting

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back in Canada

My adventure has finally come to a close; I landed in Toronto Pearson Airport at 6 pm EST. This means that this is the last post in the blog.
Sad.

I may or may not start up another one; to find out the address, post a message here including your email, and when I do set one up, I'll let you know.

The last few days in Tel Aviv were amazing and fun-filled, but you can tell that the war hasn't really 'hit' Tel Aviv (heeee. Morbid-humour queen, right here). The streets are packed with people: Tel Avivim, normal summer vacationers from abroad, normal summer vacationers from Israel, and people who've left the North until things 'settle down'. There are no azakot, and so life carries on like normal. Which is good, because i wouldn't know where to find the bomb shelter if I tried from the hotel and we were on the 15th floor. But we were walking on the tayelet and suddenly hear sounds like gunshots and so we panicked and ducked down. Turns out it was fireworks. Can you spell 'shell-shock'? (again, heeee)

The flight was terrible, but when you're stuck in a tin box with screaming children and broken down flight movies and gross food (usually I like airplane food, but they served beef. Twice. Barf.) and rude flight attendants and a strange burning rubber smell emanating from the galley, it doesn't often make for frequent flyer fun.

Also, the plane brought me home, and I wish I could have stayed there. So that also didn't factor in the mad parties, either.

I hope I've been able to provide a small picture of exchange-student life in Israel. If you feel otherwise, then go yourself. It's a blast!

Hee hee hee...

-Jess

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jess!

i'm so relieved that you got back home safe and sound! this is in response to your saying, "I may or may not start up another one; to find out the address, post a message here including your email, and when I do set one up, I'll let you know." i've *really* enjoyed reading this blog, and i hope you *do* start up another one! my e-mail address is: aileen@cableone.net.

aileen

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,
This is your cousin Heather in Michigan. Just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your blog. You are a GREAT writer, and I'd love to hear more from you! My e-mail address is: heathfm1967@aol.com

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home